Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Testing, Testing, Testing....

You are so lucky to have been born during this time when schools have tools like computers and ipads. You get to use technology all the time. In my day, we got to type in typing class on an electric typewriter during typing class. That is the reason why my touch on the computer still remains to this day, loud and strong. When you learn on an electric typewriter, you have a strong touch on the keyboard because of the force you needed to use to push down on the typewriter keys.



You are also the recipient of living in a time when testing, testing, testing...is part of your school life. Testing has become the part of your norm in school like it never was when I was in school. We didn't have all of these tests, but that is not to say we weren't tested, because we were. Testing just wasn't as frequent as it is today. 

So, before you complain about all the negatives in testing, look at what it was like when I was in high school. No, I am not in this picture, but I could be because this was one of my realities, the dreaded typing class. My mother forced me to take this class, not knowing how computers would fill our future and how important it would be for me to have keyboarding skills. I fought her on this issue, but am so very glad today that this was one battle she won and I lost. I don't know where I'd be had I not developed my keyboarding skills from that class so many years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message. All messages are moderated and approved before posting.