Monday, April 22, 2013

Water Crisis -My Impressions...




What would cause Americans to realize that there is a water crisis in the world happening right now? When we go to the sink and turn on the water, there it is! We don't have to struggle to find water. We don't have to walk miles to gather and carry our water. We have water and everyone we know in the world also has access to clean water. However, it is not that way everywhere in the world.  In parts of the world, water is in short supply. Clean drinking water that is readily available is in even shorter supply. The lack of, but need for water impacts every part of the lives of people who are in developing countries. The essential need for water causes women and girls to spend long days finding, carrying and bringing back water for their villages and tribes. They don't go to school and therefore are never educated. They risk their lives in order to find and transport water. It's a fact that in some places, ninety nine percent of the deaths can be attributed to lack of access to healthy clean water. Millions of people around the world today will spend long hours searching for water that I have waiting for me at home. I will never again take my water for granted or waste it, as I now know how lucky I am to have fresh, clean, water whenever I want it at my fingertips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message. All messages are moderated and approved before posting.